Gift wrapping and decorations. This will take place on Saturday afternoon December 4th between noon and 4:00 p.m. at Padua High School. We will need volunteers to wrap 100+ gifts; put up and decorate Christmas trees; decorate tables and decorate the gym; also fill up helium balloons etc. This should take from 2-4 hours depending on our number of volunteers.
Immediately after the party we will need volunteers to help take down the decorations including the Xmas trees. This will begin at the conclusion of the party at about 3:00 p.m. and should take about 2 hours.
We need a location to store the artificial Xmas trees and decorations for future parties. We are looking for anyone who may have a facility where we can store these items. We need about 100 square feet of dry, indoor space to store everything
On the day of the party, from about 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. we will need volunteers for:
- Registration Table – need several volunteers to work the registration table. This should take about 90 minutes to get everyone registered and into the party.
- Food Service – Will need 6 to 8 volunteers to serve food.
- Family Host – This will involve “hosting” families throughout the party. Hosts will be introduced to their family at the registration area, and spend the afternoon with them. For larger families with several siblings there may be more than one host per family. Hosts will accompany the children to the various entertainment tables, such as crafts, balloon art, cookie decoration, and of course, Santa.
- Cookie Decoration – We need a primary volunteer to set up and oversee this. We will need cookies and decorations to be purchased and delivered to the party site on Sunday before the party begins and set up. We will solicit volunteers to help the children decorate the cookies, along with the student hosts.
- Helium filled “Animal Zoo” – We need a primary volunteer to assist with purchasing the balloons, getting them to the party on SATURDAY afternoon, overseeing the balloon filling and “working” the zoo at the Party along with other volunteers.
- Craft Tables – Several volunteers will be needed to assist the children and their family host in a small craft activity.
- Assist Entertainers – Several volunteers will be needed to assist Santa with gift coordination and the other entertainers such as balloon artist and face painters.
- Trained Medical Person – We are looking for a trained medical person (EMS or Medical Doctor) to be present at the party from 11:00 until 4:00 p.m. to assist with any medical emergency.